The Keto Diet...

   So I started something new. My boyfriend and I decided to try the keto diet. It is a low carb, high fat diet that is supposed to help you eat healthy and lose weight. We don't eat anything that has more than 10 carbs, and as little to no sugars as possible.
   Luckily I already cooked similar to it. We were eating lots of salads and meats, with just the minor change of not cooking rice with most meals and not bread. You have no idea how much I miss bread! All I want is a huge plate of fettuccine alfredo with a big piece of garlic bread right now.
   The hardest part to get used to was no sugar in our coffee. I am the worst and put so much sugar in my cup that I would have a layer at the bottom after I drank it. That was the hardest thing to do, cut out the sugar entirely. It took a few days but I was able to just have cream and now I prefer my coffee that way.
   I am still learning what we can eat, and what we can't. I am finding recipes and different substitutes to use. I am going to try to make my own tortilla chips and fresh salsa! The keto diet just takes time to learn and practice. I keep getting asked if I am having sugar withdrawals or if I feel different. I feel like I have more energy! My body feels better and I have lost 10 pounds in two weeks. Trust me, it's not because of eating as little as possible. It's because the diet takes away the sugars and carbs that weighed me down.
   I am learning how to cook and change minor things in my lifestyle to be more healthy. I changed our meals for work and changed the way I cook to be able to stick to the diet. I am working on finding snack and dessert recipes so we don't jump to the junk food. Willpower is not my strength but I have done good. I haven't had any chocolate or a lot of carbs in almost three weeks. Quite proud of myself.
   I recommend trying the keto diet, or even anything that will make your life healthier. Switch the french fries for a salad, the chips for an apple. It is small things that are easy to change and came make a huge difference in your life. It has for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things That Go Bump in The Night

Girls Weekend in Tennessee