Productivity...Before the Sun Rises

   I am very bad about procrastinating. I will get it later, I still have time. And then it gets done halfway or rushed. I don't want my life to be rushed. I want to have time to write, to do fun things, clean the house, and cook healthy meals. My boyfriend started getting up at 4 in the morning recently and is able to go so much done. I thought I could do that. I can get up early and write or clean. Maybe even have enough time to read in the morning.
   I set my alarm for 4 and hit snooze until 5:30. I normally never hit snooze! but when the sun hasn't started to cut through the dark outside the window by my desk and it looks like darkness forever, I want to stay in my warm comfy bed. But I got up.
   So here I sit, at my desk with a huge cup of coffee, trying to wake up enough to see the screen. But it has been helping. I was able to write two articles with plenty of time to edit, a week before the due date. I feel better. It helps when the house is quiet when no one except the humans and the three dogs are the only ones awake. I'm not distracted by a T.V. or other things that need to get done first. I like that. I'm not procrastinating things and have time to go to dinner with friends, or being able to spend a Saturday at a soccer field and not worry about the house. I did put off grocery shopping, but still got it done.
   I think getting up early is something that is going to be good. I will have to work my way up to 4, but coffee helps...a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things That Go Bump in The Night

Girls Weekend in Tennessee

The Keto Diet...