Football and Cars, How My Weekend Looks

   I know, I know. I am way late with a blog post. It has been a busy week! between work, planning the meals we are going to eat for two weeks, and keeping track of the dogs and money by the time Friday hits I am ready for it. But today is different. I have to rush straight home after work to change and head over to the Carolina Panthers preseason game against the Patriots.
   My favorite time of year is on the cusp of starting, football season! The cool mornings that give way to humid days are numbered while teams practice and schedules are released. I am a big Carolina Panthers fan for professional football. I wasn't always huge into them, it was one game years back that pulled me in. Long before they had an amazing season and went to the super bowl. I have been to their games, the boyfriend took me to my first. Their field is surrounded by parking lots for fans, bars and restaurants, and so many people moving towards the towering black and blue stadium. You become part of a wave of people moving through the lines representing the Panthers. We actually won that game while it literally rained sideways.
   But what about college? My mom and I are die-hard University of Georgia Bulldogs. As in we yell at the TV, cheer when we win, and may or may not have thrown things in the yard after a loss that shouldn't have happened (No person or animal was harmed that night, we swear). I grew up watching the Dawgs and will forever bleed black and red. I am incredibly excited to go tailgating for the first time at one of their games in two weeks!! I have never been before and even though it is at the South Carolina Gamecocks stadium, I will be wearing my Dawgs gear.
   This weekend we do have to go look at cars. Now there are pros and cons to this. A pro is we can look at nice cars and possibly come home with one. The con is that I am gullible and a sales guy could talk me into anything. This is why my job is to stand by the car, drive it, and make sure it looks pretty enough. I know one of my weaknesses is money, and that is why the boyfriend will be handling that side. And that is completely fine with me. If we do not leave with a car, I do not look forward to the calls from their sales center trying to convince us to come back in. I have had that job, and I hated it. I am not saying it is awful for everyone, but I was not good at it and hated being yelled at by the customers.
   My favorite time of year is almost here. Cool days that I can wear boots and sweaters while the leaves change and cover the ground. Football games on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings curled up with a warm cup of coffee. My birthday and Halloween fall side by side while I get to enjoy the spookiest part of the year. Ghost and ghouls come out and the Renaissance Festival comes to town. Giant turkey legs and the Tortuga Twins show draw my attention while we walk around the shops and performers. It's the time that I look forward to most. But you know what I love most? Being able to share it with those I love. Walking around with my boyfriend, mom, and dad. watching my boyfriend's son play soccer and laugh while I decorate the house for the holidays. I get to spend time with those closest to me, and that is the best gift in the world.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things That Go Bump in The Night

Girls Weekend in Tennessee

The Keto Diet...