October And NaNoWriMo

So I lied. I haven't been posting every week. I got distracted. It's was midterms last week and I have been studying for those. Then it went to fall break and I was working on an essay due at the end of the semester. So let me catch you up!

NaNoWriMo: National Novel Writing Month. This is a writing competition-esque event that goes on through the whole month of November. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel or collection of works within the month. I love doing this. I did it for the first time last year and got only 15,000 words. But at the same time I was working full time, going to school full time, and finding out I had brain cancer. Writing got put on the back burner. This year though I have the time and ability to write. I am going to school full time but the month of October, while also possessing my birthday and favorite holiday, is novel planning month!

This year I am doing a fantasy work that is based in Ireland and England. It have mythical creatures and a princess who has some very interesting backstory. I have loved planning this novel. I can't wait to start writing it on Nov. 1st.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things That Go Bump in The Night

My Life

Girls Weekend in Tennessee